about Me

about Me

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

REALITY CHECK!

Today's affirmation from A Year In The Now...

"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I am a real person, experiencing the real God in the real world. I will live truthfully today, understanding the difference between walking by faith instead of by sight, and living in denial of reality. Today I will reconcile my preparation for the worst case, with my expectation of the best case in every situation that arises.


Today I will be sober without being sullen – mature, but not morose – levelheaded, yet lighthearted at the same time! Harmony, balance and a genuine sense of serenity will display the peace that passes understanding through my life. The peace of God makes me shockproof today, so that, come what may, I am calm, cool, and collected in every circumstance.


Today I will not waste my time trying to be someone or something that I am not. The people in my life will have an authentic sense of trust in me, because my self-truth will give them permission to be who they really are, and to like who they really are.


Today I will embrace the inevitable. If I can't change it, I will adapt to it, and will live freely and peaceably, choosing to go with the flow, accepting life as it really is. Today I choose truth-inspired tranquility, and welcome honesty-induced happiness. Parting with illusions will bring great relief to my soul, as I live the liberated life with godly contentment.


Today I will tell the truth, plain and simple. My stories will need no embellishment, my memories will remain intact, my ambitions will be realistic. I will see life the way that it is, and call it as I see it. Whatever is built on a lie in my world will fall, because it should fall, and I will have no fear today, because the Lord is my shepherd, and I do not lack or want for anything.


Today I will not get involved with the silly games that people play when trying to relate to one another. I will let my "yes" be "yes," and my "no" be "no," providing a safe haven for those, like me, who seek the truth in the world. I will move on from those who refuse to live in authenticity.


Today I will get a grip on reality. I will not fear telling the truth, or hearing the truth, taking both praise and criticism in stride. Today I will enjoy the effect of speaking the truth in love, even to myself, and today I will live in the now!


Father, help me to live truthfully today. In Jesus’ name, amen

4 comments:

  1. Patti Cook said...

    Thank you, Bishop, I needed this today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Jensen said...

    I definitely needed this today too. Your blogs are always such an encouragement to me when I read them. I love this verse. "You're blessed when you're content with just who you are - no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselve...s proud owners of everything that can't be bought."
    (Matthew 5:5 - The Message) This is what I strive to be each day. Perfectly content with how God made me. I love this line from your blog. "Today I will not waste my time trying to be someone or something that I am not." I have tried so hard for so long to be something that I'm not just to gain friends, and I realize now that it is not worth it to try do that anymore. People are are either going to like me or they are not going to like me, and if they don't like for who I really am, then they are not really my friends. I am seeing more and more how it is just not worth it to try to relate to people by being something that I am not, and honestly it is unhealthy to try to do that. Bishop, You are a wonderful blessing and a huge encouragement to us all. On a side note, I also listened to the Ray Boltz song that you posted on your blog. What a beautiful song that is full of truth!!!! Thank you again Bishop Jim for all that you do, and may God's Wonderful Blessings continue to flow over you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luiz Wellington said...

    Excellent words, Bishop. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genevieve Pietracatella-Goldstein said...

    ‎"I will move on from those who refuse to live in authenticity." And that I did. We all know authentic when we see it and when some of us are able to see those that are not, they try their hardest to spin and reflect who they are onto the o...ne who can see through them and I'm not talking a lifestyle here, I'm talking character. Nobody likes the one who sees the truth. It's hard to deal with jealous gossipy game players. Doesn't there come a time when it's time to move on if people keep placing blame on everyone else but themselves and denying the truth. How long do we have to tolerate reflectors and people who will not be accountable. I've lost my faith in people but not God. My family had such a bad experience that we lost faith in church.
    Is it okay to worship the Lord in our own environment. He did say to go into our room, that he sees us. I feel safest with just He and I alone. I know God won't play games with me, blame me and He is the one that knows the truth about us and them. I wish we were able to attend your church. You are authentic and love is present there. I always enjoy your posts. You are as real as real could be. Thank you Bishop, for many things, for your honesty, for sharing your gift, for being who you are and for restoring my faith again in men of God here.

    ReplyDelete